Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Fleer Autograph Project - Part 50

This was happenstance:



I woke up one night in the middle of the night and, for whatever reason, fired up EBay on the IPad. This had just been listed as a Buy-It-Now. Which is exactly what I did. I bought it right then and there

I've bought several other PSA authenticated cards as part of the project. To date, I always bust them out of the case and put them in an UltraPro page and slip the PSA label in behind it. In this case, I think I am going to leave in in the case.  The card has some dinged up corners and the signature looks as if it was made using a dying pen.  If Bill White signed cards were more common, I wouldn't have even look twice at this one. But, I jumped at this because I haven't, in my recollection, seen any others.  I'll likely keep an eye out for an upgrade. Should I find one, I'll probably just sell this one off, which will be easier if I keep it in the capsule.

So, there it is. Number 50 (out of 66.)  I hope to have one more TTM going out this weekend to Rich Rollins, the last living subject of this set, other than Willie Mays, that I need.

What I am listening to:  Bad Luck by Social Distortion


2 comments: