Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Oddest of Oddballs

I've not done anything hobby-wise in well over a month.  Life has been busy and, at the beginning of October, my wife and I took our first real vacation in around 5 years.  It wasn't Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, but we had a great time. We went back to Ohio and spent a weekend at Cedar Point riding roller coasters, walking through haunted houses, and having a generally good time.  We spent time with family (mine in Cleveland and my wife's in Mansfield), went to the Haunted Prison Experience (at the Ohio Reformatory, where The Shawshank Redemption was filmed) and spent a day running around Columbus before coming home.

So, I haven't had much time (and less money) for hobby activity. But, I did manage to pick up this one oddball for my Paul Blair player collection.


Strictly speaking,it isn't a trading card. It is a lottery ticket.  But, for $6 delivered I figured why not. As near as I can figure, this 1999 Maryland lottery issue featured six different players (Blair, Boog Powell, Earl Weaver, Eddie Murray, Brooks Robinson, and Rick Dempsey. I haven't yet separated the three tickets yet, though I am considering it.  Anyone want the Powell and Weaver?

What I am listening to: Dragula by Rob Zombie


No comments:

Post a Comment