Saturday, August 16, 2014

Rumors of My Demise are Greatly Exaggerated


Yes, my blog has been inactive for 6 months.  I have been busy at work and have had a slew of real life expenses in that time. So, I haven't been doing much collecting and, even if I was, don't have the time to do any justice to the blog. Alas, the rest of the year looks to be more of the same. 

That said, I did get to go to a show today and I am so excited I am about to bust and I gotta show someone!  I managed to find one card towards completing my 1973 set (26 left to go) and took a flyer on some reasonably priced 1975 star cards. But I am mainly excited about buying a 800 count box of 1979 commons in mostly Ex condition or better.  My 1973 set is stalled, so I figured I might want to start another set just to keep my toes in the collecting water. I was planning on 1975, but since I need to go back and do 1979 at some point if I intend to have a complete 1970s run, this box was a golden opportunity.

But, my excitement is mainly about this:



The first, and likely only, T206 I will ever own.  But, it is in great condition, apart from a surface wrinkle and a smudge on the back.  It is hard to believe that this card has been around longer than anyone I have known in my life.

Well, back to blog hibernation

4 comments:

  1. Okay, who is that? I've heard of the hall of fame inductee Big Ed Delehanty, but he never played for Louisville. On baseballreference.com it looks a lot like Frank Delehanty, who wasn't much of a player, but was the brother of Ed, Jim, Joe, and Tom. Frank only played for Louisville one year, but maybe he's the winner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That T206 is clean. Congratulations on the purchase. I guess we'll see you in 6 more months. Have fun at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent card! We'll be waiting to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete