Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Fleer Autograph Project - Part 25

A little longer than 4 months after I shipped them out, three cards from my 1963 Fleer set are back in my hands.  By way of review, I had sent them out to Chris Potter Sports to be autographed in their May/June signings.  Unfortunately, in the end, only one ended up being signed.


Don Lee here is the 25th 1963 Fleer card I have had autographed.  Jerry Kindall and Art Mahaffey came back unsigned.  That is a disappointment, but with many of these players in their 70s and 80s, it probably isn't surprising that health or family issues may interfere. I do see that they are going to try to reschedule Mahaffey early next year.  So, there is still hope there.

This project has pretty much ground to a halt.  I have been keeping an eye out for more signing opportunities, but I haven't seen any since the signing this card was sent to.  Even Sandy Koufax hasn't seemed to have his annual private signing.  Ah well, it is still pretty cool having nearly 40% of the cards signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment