Saturday, July 13, 2013

July Card Show Haul - Set Additions

I am back from the card show up in OKC today. I mainly wanted to pick up some cards towards my 1973 Topps and 1960 and 1961 Fleer sets. Measured against those goals, it wasn't a particularly productive show for me.  I did manage to find 7 base cards from 1973.









I also managed to find 5 of the unnumbered checklists.



I picked up seven more 1968 Topps Game Cards. This leaves me only five to go to complete the 33 card set.


This 1970 Topps Giant Super Hank Aaron was only $5, so I picked it up on a whim.



This 1977 Cloth Sticker is more appropriately labeled trade bait. I seem to recall that some card blogger was interested in collecting these. So I dropped the princely sum of $1 on it.  Of course, I cannot remember for the life of me who it was that was collecting them.   Any one out there collect these or remember who does?

Anyways, since these big shows come around once every other month, I tend to save up so I am not running short of funds if I find something cool.  Since there was really only one vintage seller today, I could have pocketed what I hadn't spent on the above cards and used it to work on my 1973 set at a second LCS next weekend.

But, as you might guess, I didn't.  Coming up tomorrow: MOJO!

What I am listening to:  Nashville Blues by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band


No comments:

Post a Comment