Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Fleer Autograph Project - Part 20


I blew a large part of my card budget recently on a autographed 1963 Fleer card of Dick Hower.  There is a card show this weekend, which I probably will skip since a good portion of the remaining budget was spent on this card:



John Callison is my 20th 1963 Fleer autographed card, and the third of a deceased player.  This card came out between the first and second years of a solid 4 year stretch in his career where he rang up a WAR of 6.0 or higher and made the NL All Star team three times.  Although he lived in the Philadelphia area after retirement, he originally hailed from Qualls, Oklahoma, a small town near Lake Tenkiller and west of Muskogee.

Added in Edit:  I don't know how this escaped me, but I actually needed this card for building the set. I must be losing it. In any event, I am down to needing two cards to finish the set:  Don Drysdale (#41) and Ken Boyer (#60). 

No comments:

Post a Comment