Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ponies!


A while back, dayf over at Cardboard Junkie asked his readers for pony artwork. So, as I described in this post, I made him a custom card front based on the 1976 Topps Big League Brothers card, using a picture of two of my horses. He asked what I wanted in return, and I suggested a few Heritage cards.

Well, his package came in today. And there was more than a few Heritage cards, as well as a selection of 1976 Topps (the set I was working on when I got laid off). All I can say is, again, I am overwhelmed by card bloggers generosity.

I don't have time to do a more comprehensive post on what he sent because I am trying to get myself prepared for a job interview on Friday. I will hopefully get something up over the weekend. I will, however, show the star card in the package.



I am guessing Applejack and Applebloom are two characters in My Little Pony. I like how this card riffs off my custom creation. Well, "riff" probably isn't the right term. This card has too much awesomeness to be considered derivative. Let's say, dayf took my germ of an idea and made it his own. This card is going to go into my super vintage/relic/general awesomeness card binder because this card belongs there. I am putting it next to my Hector Noesi auto card:



If I read the expression on Hector's face correctly, he seems to be saying "Sweeeeet!!!! I like ponies!" So, everybody is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment