Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Multiple Trade Post


Has it really been over two weeks since my last post?

*checks front page*

*whistles*

Yep, it has. Luckily I do have something to post. I am still swore off buying any cards until I find another job, but it is getting harder now that Heritage is on the shelf. When last we talked, I had been expecting an offer on a job. However, I know now that it fell through. The company had a down fourth quarter and since the position hadn't been budgeted for, it was put on hold until later in the year. Luckily, there is a different position in the same organization that has been budgeted for and they are moving forward with the staffing process. Since the hiring manager for that position was part of the team I interviewed with previously, I got a free pass on the initial, by-phone screening interview and am moving right on to the face to face interview on March 30. So, I have a bit over two weeks to get myself prepared.

But, let's not waste time on such trivialities. There are more important things to deal with. Like a trade post!

As you may have surmised, I am a huge Heritage fan. I've decided to put all the Heritage sets together. You can look at my want lists over there.

*jerks head towards right sidebar*

If it wasn't enough to work on the regular 2011 Heritage set, I have also taken on the 2011 Heritage Minor League set. I've complete the 200 card, non-short printed part of the MILB set and now have to complete the 50 card, short print subset. Luckily, Ted over at Crinkly Wrappers had a duplicate of one of the short prints I needed:


Montgomery is a KC Royals pitching prospect. He has had nice statistics all the way up through AA ball, but seems to have gotten roughed up a bit while pitching for AAA Omaha last year. I would guess he'll be back at Omaha this year to polish his game.

My next trade was with Anthony at Get The Bat Off Your Shoulder. Anthony had shared that he keeps track of his cards with an MS Access database. Since I have used Access extensively at work, I asked if he would share it with me, since I am in desperate need of a way to get organized. He was generous enough to send it to me, but wouldn't take any cards in exchange for it. So, I proposed a trade. I helped him with 2011 Update and Lineage, and I got more help with 2011 Heritage.







Four inserts and a short print. Shhhhhhweeeeet! I am really psyched about these. I am getting a lot closer on 2011 Heritage. I might just have to make it a priority once I get back in the game. So, until next time, whenever that is, take 'er easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment