Monday, September 26, 2011

Monday Random 10 - Austin Edition


I don't think I'll have much hobby related to post this week, so I thought I'd throw up a random 10. With three artists based in Austin and a fourth video recorded in Austin, there seems to be a theme this week. It was a pretty good selection. I don't expect that anyone will listen to all of these. But, I would suggest that, if you only listen to one, to choose "Autumn Leaves" by Eva Cassidy. A great talent that died of cancer in 1996 at the tender age of 33, she wasn't really "discovered" until she was gone.


1. "Tell Me True" by Sarah Jarosz



2. "Good Hearted Man" by Tift Merritt



3. "I Disappear" by Metallica



4. "Perfect Blue Building" by Counting Crows



5. "Blinded by Rainbows" by The Rolling Stones



6. "Pancho and Lefty" by Steve Earle



7. "Cold and Lonely" by Slaid Cleaves



8. "I Say A Little Prayer for You" by Aretha Franklin



9. "Autumn Leaves" by Eva Cassidy



10. "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment